This documentation will show you how to grade a submission within the Assignment tool that is not using the GradeMark/Markup feature. If you would like to learn more about the GradeMark/Markup feature, please read the Markup page.
Step 1. Go to your course homepage and click on Assignments from within the Assessments drop-down menu.
Step 2. Click on the Assignment folder you would like to grade.
Step 3. Select either the Student Name or Assignment Submission file to open their submission.
1. Once you have finished reading the student's submission, you may enter a score and feedback. You may also select the ellipses to access the Edit Activity or Special Access Dates.
2. If you have a Rubric associated with this Assignment, click the Assess All Rubrics icon to open the Rubric. The Rubric pane will open, and you will be presented with a set of sliders.
You may also select the Rubric popout icon and the Rubric will open in a screen popout window
Any score given in the Rubric will automatically be sent to the Assignment score.
3. If you wish, you may leave feedback for the student in the Feedback area.
4. You may also leave feedback by selecting the Upload a file icon, Record Audio or Record Video.
5. Publish to immediately send the grade to the Grade Book or select Save Draft if you would like to save your work and finish grading later.