The Institute's Zoom Cloud Recording Retention Policy will retain Zoom recordings the current semester before they are deleted. Recordings in the Zoom cloud can be easily downloaded to your local computer should you have a need to save them. The instructions for doing so via either the interface in D2L Brightspace and the Zoom website itself can be found below.
If you have instructional videos that you plan on reusing in future semesters, you must still download the videos you created in Zoom and then upload those videos to the Media Library.
If you don't plan on reusing recordings but want to allow current students to download recordings before they are deleted, see the instructions for Making Cloud Recordings Downloadable
Whether you download your recordings from D2L Brightspace or the Zoom portal, it is recommended that you save your recordings with both a naming convention and folder structure that will make it easy for you to identify each video when it comes time to upload to the streaming server and eventually adding back to your course.
You can choose to download your Zoom Cloud recordings through either the Zoom portal found at https://mghihp.zoom.us or through your course in D2L Brightspace. If you have any recordings made outside of D2L Brightspace, the portal will be the only way to find these recordings.
Cloud Recordings in D2L Brightspace
Navigate to your course and select Zoom form the Communication drop-down.
- Click the Cloud Recordings tab. This will list all recordings for your course.
- Alternatively, you may select to view All My Zoom Meetings/Recordings for every one of your D2L Brightspace courses.
- Click on the link to your file.
Click Download and save the file to your computer.
Cloud Recordings in the Zoom Portal
Log in to Zoom at https://mghihp.zoom.us and navigate to Recordings.
- You can choose to search for your recording using a date range.
- You may also choose to search using the ID, Topic, or Keyword for your session.
- When you find the video you'd like to download, click the More option, then click Download.