The below steps are a guide that you can provide your students via a D2L News Item, Content Topic, etc. to help them prepare to use the iPad and LockDown Browser.
A student should follow these steps to take an exam with the iPad Edition of LockDown Browser:
- Download and install the LockDown Browser app from Apple iTunes to the iPad. (Requires iOS 7 or higher.)
- Enable iPad's "Guided Access" by selecting Settings > General > Accessibility > Guided Access. Turn on Guided Access and set a passcode (you need to remember this passcode to exit Guided Access after an exam). The setup for Guided Access only needs to be done once.
- Start the LockDown Browser app.
- The first time the app is used, you will be prompted to select your institution and server. Simply enter MGH Institute of Health Professions into the search field. (If you later need to change the institution or server, select the settings icon on the LockDown Browser toolbar.)
- Triple-press the iPad home button to start Guided Access and enter LockDown Browser.
- After completing the exam, triple-press the home button and enter the Guided Access passcode to exit Guided Access.
- Press the Home button again to return to the iPad's Home page.