The My Courses uses tile-based images to make finding your courses easier. Up to 12 courses can be displayed in the My Courses widget. D2L will attempt to automatically display the courses that are most relevant to you. However, you can also search through all of your courses and manually pin and unpin courses to ensure that your most relevant courses are visible on the D2L home page.
Searching through your courses
From the My Courses widget on the home page, you can search through your courses in 2 ways.
1. Use the Semester tabs to view all of your courses for a specific semester.
2. Click the View All Courses link in the bottom left corner of the widget. This will open up a new page.
On the new page, you can:
- Use the search bar to look up your courses
- Use the filter dropdown to limit the courses shown to a specific Semester and/or Program
- Sort the list of courses by name, course code, date pinned, or last access
- Access more search options under the Advanced Search link.
When you find the course you are looking to access, simply click on the image or name of the course to be taken to the course page.
You may want certain courses to appear in the My Courses widget on your D2L home page. To accomplish this, you can Pin courses. After finding the course using the search tools, hover over the course tile. Ellipses will appear in the top-right corner of the tile. Click on the ellipses and then click Pin. The course is now pinned to the My Courses widget on your D2L homepage.
You may also want to remove courses from the My Courses widget on your D2L home page. To accomplish this, you can Unpin courses. On your D2L homepage, hover the courses tile in the My Courses widget and click on the ellipses in the top-right corner of the tile, and then click Unpin. The course is now removed from the My Courses widget on your D2L homepage.