- What's New
- Course Planning & Content
- Activating Your Course
- Changing Your Course Image
- D2L Capture
- Enhancing Content
- Learning Object Repository
- Release Conditions
- Creating a Quiz
- Adding Questions to Your Quiz
- Adding to and Importing from the Question Library
- Format for Import of Multiple-Choice & Multi-Select Questions
- Randomizing Questions
- Adding Special Access
- Setting a Submission View
- Submitting a Quiz for a Student
- Grading Quizzes
- Viewing Quiz Statistics
- Previewing a Quiz
- Respondus Dashboard
- Collaboration & Communication
- Adobe Connect
Setting a Submission View
Submission Views determine what students see when viewing a completed quiz. By default, the Submission View only shows students their score on the quiz. However, you can set additional Submission Views that allow students to see additional information, such as correct answers or question feedback, for a set period of time.
Step 1. Within the Submission Views tab, click on Add Additional View.
Step 2. Type in a title for your Submission View in the Name text field (such as “Review quiz view”). Optionally, type in a Message that will appear within your Submission View.
Step 3. In the View Restrictions section, select the date and time that students will be able to begin reviewing their quiz submission.
Step 4. Select Yes under Show Questions? to make questions viewable to students. Then decide which questions you would like to display and how you would like them displayed (SELECT ONE):
- Show questions answered incorrectly: displays only incorrectly answered questions and any instructor feedback provided.
- Show questions answered correctly: displays only correctly answered questions and any instructor feedback provided
- Show all questions without user responses: displays all questions without user responses or instructor feedback.
- Show all questions with user responses: display all questions, user responses, and instructor feedback.
Step 5. Also decide if you would like to Show question answers (display the correct answer with each question) and/or Show question score and out of score (display points earned on that question and total points possible) and click Save.
Step 6. Create a second Additional View within the Submission Views tab and name it “Shut down view.” Select No in the View Details section and select the date/time you want the first additional view to close to students.
IMPORTANT: This second additional view will “shut down” the first additional view. This ensures that quiz questions and answers are not available past the time you specify and is particularly important if you plan to migrate the quiz to another semester. Failure to “shut down” the first additional view will allow students in future semesters to use the view right after completing the quiz, which could facilitate cheating. Even if you do not plan on reusing the quiz in the future, setting up a “shut down view” is a best practice that prevents future problems.