- What's New
- Course Planning & Content
- Activating Your Course
- Changing Your Course Image
- D2L Capture
- Enhancing Content
- Learning Object Repository
- My Courses widget
- Release Conditions
- Creating a Quiz
- Adding Questions to Your Quiz
- Adding Questions to the Question Library
- Format for Import of Multiple-Choice & Multi-Select Questions
- Randomizing Questions
- Adding Special Access
- Setting a Submission View
- Submitting a Quiz for a Student
- Grading Quizzes
- Viewing Quiz Statistics
- Previewing a Quiz
- Respondus Dashboard
- Collaboration & Communication
- Adobe Connect
Adding Special Access to a Quiz or Assignments Folder
Students who receive accomodations or have an excused absence may need additional time to complete a quiz/assignment and/or may need to complete the quiz/assignment on a date different from the rest of the class. Special access allows you to change the quiz restrictions for specific students to accomplish this.
Step 1. From the Edit Quiz or Folder screen, click on the Restrictions tab and select either:
- For a Quiz: Allow selected users special access to this quiz OR Allow only users with special access to see this quiz
- For an Assignments Folder: Allow users with special access to submit files outside the normal availability dates for this folder OR Allow only users with special access to see this folder
Step 2. Click the Add users to Special Access button.
Step 3. Select a time and date under Date Availability for the special access users.
- Giving both a start and end date will open the Quiz or Dropbox for that period of time.
- Giving only a start date will open the Quiz or Dropbox at that time and remain open indefinitely.
- Giving only an end date will open the Quiz or Dropbox from the current time until the specified end date.
1)*Quizzes only* Under Timing, you may change the time limit, grace period and late submission settings for the Quiz.
- If no changes need to be made, select the No changes option. The special access quiz will use the same time limit settings as the main quiz.
- The No enforced time limit will provide a suggested time to the student, but allow them to take an unlimited amount of time to complete the quiz.
- The Enforced time limit option will allow you to either prevent students from making changes after the time limit or give students who go over the time limit a zero (Not recommended).
2) If you need to allow additional attempts on the quiz for this user, under Attempts select Overide attempts allowed and choose the number of attempts you would like to allow.
1) Select the boxes beside the appropriate user’s names from the list.
2) Click Add Special Access (Quiz) or Save (Assignments).
When you are finished, you will see the student listed in the Advanced Availability section.