- What's New
- Course Planning & Content
- Activating Your Course
- Changing Your Course Image
- D2L Capture
- Enhancing Content
- Learning Object Repository
- My Courses Widget
- Release Conditions
- Respondus Dashboard
- Creating a Quiz
- Adding Questions to Your Quiz
- Adding Questions to the Question Library
- Format for Import of Multiple-Choice & Multi-Select Questions
- Randomizing Questions
- Adding Special Access
- Setting a Submission View
- Submitting a Quiz for a Student
- Grading Quizzes
- Viewing Quiz Statistics
- Previewing a Quiz
- Collaboration & Communication
- Adobe Connect
Creating and Entering a Chat Room
Before you can use the Chat tool, you need to set up a chat room. This involves creating a room, deciding who should have access to the room, and entering the room to start a chat session.
Step 1. From the Course Home Page, click on Chat within the Communication dropdown menu.
Step 2. On the "Chat List" page, click the New Chat button towards the top of the page.
Step 3. Enter a title and description (if desired) for your chat room. Also select whether you would like it to be a "General chat" or a "Personal chat"
- General chat - Available to everyone in the course.
- Personal chat - Only available to the users who are added to the member list (see Steps 4-6).
Then, click the Create button at the bottom of the page. This will take you back to the "Chat List" page.
Step 4. If you have created a "General chat", skip down to step Step 7.
If you have created a "Personal chat", you will now need to add participants to the chat room. Click the dropdown associated with your chat room and select View Members. This will take you to the "Chat Members" page.
Step 6. In the pop-up window, click the check box next to each user you would like to add. Then, click the Add button. This will close the pop up window. Then, click the Done button.